How does the Draw work? Can't see entry list or winner

Hey, I’ve set up a draw with virtual currency in order to create a giveaway. I wanted to try it with 2 people and when they entered they received a message from my bot with my account name in it. Then I used !draw pick to pick a winner but nothing happened. Not in the chat, not in the draw panel and they did not receive a private message. Am I missing something and how can I get it to work? :slight_smile:

I’m not sure what you’re running into.

I did a quick test on my channel, and it worked for me - Screenshot by Lightshot
Confirmation that I entered was PM’d to me from Wizebot. Winner was posted in chat with no PM.

This is how my draw panel is setup. - Screenshot by Lightshot

I am not aware of a record of draw winners outside of chat logs.

If you could provide a screenshot of a your chat and your panel, perhaps we can see what happened?

Hey, thanks for responding. I can only send one screenshot per message so I will have to seperate them. But they show the draw panel, my chat when I tried to create the draw according to the wizebot documentation and a second time following your screenshot, the private message the people received and the last picture is just to show that my bot actually works :slight_smile:

Odd. I’m not seeing any indication that the draw system works for you at all.

Can you go to the Text Translation page and ensure that you’ve got the lines for the Draw system? (Cltr-F for “A draw is underway!”)

1 Like

You were right, the lines for the draw system were empty. Thank you very much! :slight_smile: Everything works now except the private message, it still only displays my channel name. Can I adjust this in the text translation too?

Yes you can. The PM text is the box labelled “draw_message_whipser_notification”. As I’m sure you’ve figured out by now, the reload icon to the left of the text field will reload the default values.

I’m glad it’s working for you :slight_smile:

1 Like

Awesome, that was a very fast and great help! Thank you a lot, I really wouldn’t have come up with checking the translation page :slight_smile:

This post has been closed. Please contact a moderator if you have questions!