Custom Domain Issue

Hello.

I was attempting to try out the Custom Website Domain option with my own and it seems like its giving me some issues. I checked with my DNS as well as the DOC and cant find a reason unless I’m missing something.

The issues I’m having are:

• My SSL certificate won’t transfer over.
  • Domain only redirects properly when using www. and gives me an error without it “The channel was not found or the external site was disabled by the streamer.”

Thank you for the help!

Hello,

• My SSL certificate won’t transfer over.

This is normal at the moment, certificates do not transfer automatically, it is technically impossible. And it is impossible for us to apply a certificate from a domain we do not own.

A solution is under study for later, the use of an automatically generated “let’s encrypt” certificate could be a solution.

• Domain only redirects properly when using www. and gives me an error without it “The channel was not found or the external site was disabled by the streamer.”

The usable domain name is only the one entered in the “Domain name” field, in this case yours is “www.totallycasual.net”, so it is necessary to use only this domain name to access it.

We will also see to allow the addition of several domains / sub-domains.

This system is not yet perfect, especially with the latest restrictions with Twitch’s embed’s that block unsecured sites.

We will add an option by next week that will allow a simple redirection to the “WizeBot” domain name (xxxxx.streaming.lv) when users use the registered domain name.
In the meantime, this will avoid embedding problems and allow security.

Awesome thank you for looking into this! I did notice the embed was breaking after setting up my domain, so it’s great you brought that up.

Looking forwared into future developements.

This topic was automatically closed 5 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.