[EN] Implementation of VAT on our service and FAQ

Hello everyone,

Following our evolution, we would like to inform you that, as of 26/03/2023, the application of VAT is now in effect on our service WizeBot.

To accompany these recent billing changes, we have prepared a quick FAQ to answer some important questions:

Q: Who do these changes apply to?

A: All individuals residing in the European Union and in the French Overseas Departments and Territories (DROM-COM).

Q: What VAT rate is applied?

A: The rate applied is calculated based on the applicable rate (for the service provided) in your country.

Q: What is the impact on current subscriptions (especially renewals)?

A: When implementing these changes, the renewals of existing subscriptions will not be affected immediately. VAT (if applicable) will be included in the price.

However, it will be necessary (even if you are not subject to VAT) to migrate your subscription to the new billing system. This migration can be done now on the Premium page of your control panel, the process will cancel the renewal on the old system to recreate a new subscription (VAT added) on our new system.

In addition, for a limited time, a unique 15-day bonus will be offered for all migrations to the new system.

For non-migrated subscriptions (Always active with automatic renewal), we will attempt to add VAT (if applicable) to the subscriptions, if the payment platform allows it after a certain time. Otherwise, we will be forced to cancel the subscriptions in question.

Q: I am a professional, how can I recover the VAT on my subscription?

A: If you are eligible to recover VAT, you just need to indicate your intra-community VAT number when subscribing. The invoice will contain the necessary information to allow you to recover the deductible VAT during your declarations.

Do not hesitate to contact our support if you have more questions! :slight_smile:

The WizeBot Team.